- "Carnivores: Ice Age" redirects here. For the Mobile port, see Carnivores: Ice Age (Mobile).
Carnivores Ice Age is the third and Presumably Final installment in the Carnivores series. It was developed by Action Forms and published by WizardWorks. The game was released for the PC on Decemeber 19, 2000, and a mobile port was released on February 7, 2011. Since October 12 2000 Wizardworks released screenshots and pictures upcoming prehistoric game released is scheduled in december
Released in Trailer June 25 2000 CIS released August 29 2000 Europe Released November 3 2000 Los Angles released December 12 2000 Ukraine Released January 14 2001 United States Released January 15 2001 and Russia Released December 1 2002
For the Ice Age sequel, the storyline is similar to the original storyline. DinoHunt Corp scientists discover Ice Age animals living in the Arctic regions of planet FMM UV-32 and they set up a separate hunting program for big game living there. DinoHunt Corp. allows hunting across 5 different locations, with their own unique terrain and landmarks.
Ice Age features better gameplay and a new supply drop feature, which can be used once per hunt and refreshes the player's supplies. Another addition is the existence of a "secret animal" that can be unlocked by obtaining 1,000 points in-game.
this Game Song named Carnivores Setup song used on Trailer in Game Primal Rage theme song used in Final Trailer
Carnivores Ice Age features animals from the Cenozoic Era, but most are from the Pleistocene epoch.
is lisenced at
to hunt animals in
the arctic sector on fmm-uv-32
|Human||Human||was Used in weapons Double Shotgun||18||12|
|Pig||A dark gray pig from the present day.||_||_||_||_||_|
|Archaeopteryx (misspelled as Archeopterics)||A small bird with claws on its wings.||_||_||_||_||_|
|Brontotherium (misspelled as Brontoteriy)||A massive, brown, herbivorous rhino-like animal with a double-horn feature.||Average||Average||Average||10||5|
|Wild Boar||A larger version of a normal day
|Wolf||A large version of the modern wolf.||Average||Excellent||Average||20||7|
|Woolly Rhinoceros (misspelled as Wooly Rhinoceros)||
with a large horn on its nose.
|Diatryma (synonymous with Gastornis)||A large flightless bird with a strong beak.||Average||Excellent||Average||50||9|
|Megaloceros/Giant Deer||A large deer with antlers which stretch up to 12 feet long.||Average||Average||Excellent||100||12|
|Smilodon||A large saber-toothed cat with huge fangs.||Excellent||Excellent||Excellent||250||15|
|Mammoth||A huge mammal with two large tusks.||Average||Excellent||Excellent||300||18|
|Bear||A large version of a modern brown bear.||Excellent||Excellent||Excellent||500||25|
|Yeti||A massive ape-like creature that weighs multiple tons.||Excellent||Excellent||Maximum||1,000||50|
|McRath Island||Icy cliffs line the northwest side of this small island. Rolling hills covered in sparse vegetation and deep snowdrifts make this a relatively safe and open area for newer hunters.
|Ravaren's Bridge||This series of islands covered with lakes and frigid swamps is connected by an elevated bridge system. Pine trees cover this otherwise barren area, making good cover for both hunter and prey alike.
|Ring of Infernus||Naturally secluded by a ring of extinct volcanoes, this area is a unique blend of desolate tundra and beaches that contrast sharply with the snow-covered peaks.
|Dry Nodus Lake||Small mounds and swamp are all that remain of a disappearing lake on this snowy island. Cut by glaciers into treacherous canyons and rivers, an unwary hunter can easily become trapped in the narrow areas.
|The Giant's Boot||This area is named for the boot-shaped lake in the eastern part of the island. Thick forests and numerous rolling hills make perfect hiding spots for dangerous prey. It is the most dangerous island available to hunt.
Weapons and Equipment
The game features the same weapons and equipment as Carnivores 2, except for the new Supply Ship.
|Pistol||This weapon has fast firing rate, but its accuracy declines with distance. It is very good damage for close combat, but less effective for distant targets. The pistol will scare plant-eaters, but the noise will attract dangerous carnivores.|
|Shotgun||This is intended as a close-range weapon. The grouping of buckshot pellets will spread out and decrease the damage power over distance. Less accurate aim and great close-up firepower make this a good choice for emergencies.|
|DB Shotgun||This weapon is same as shotgun, but can fire two shots simultaneously. The added noise can easily scare off small animals while drawing attention to predators|
|X-Bow||This weapon has two target areas, called aiming pins. The top pin is sighted at 40 meters, and the bottom pin is sighted at 80 meters. It is relatively silent, and can be shot several times without alerting animals.|
|Rifle||The target area for this weapon is the center of the sighting circle. Although powerful, aim your shot well. The rifle will scare plant eaters, causing them to scatter, but the noise will alert dangerous carnivores.|
|Sniper Rifle||This weapon is very accurate at long distances. The range of the scope goes as far as the binoculars, but limits your peripheral vision. This is not a weapon for a charging animal, but is deadly with distance|
|Camouflage||This special suit decreases the animal's ability to detect you through sight. Use of the camouflage deducts 15% from your total points acquired during that hunt.|
|Radar||This allows you to view the animal location on the map during your hunt. An animal is depicted on the map as a red dot. Your location is shown as the green dot with the circle surrounding it. Please note that the the map shows only animals you are hunting. All other animals are masked. Use of the map deducts 30% from your total points acquired during that hunt.|
|Cover Scent||This item allows you to mask your scent from all animals reducing the likelihood of you being discovered. Use of the cover scent deducts 20% from your total points acquired during that hunt.|
|Double Ammo Load||Selecting this doubles the amount of ammunition you will carry on the current hunting expedition.|
|Supply Ship||Selecting this will allow you to call in a resupply ship that will drop a bag full of ammunition for each weapon you have taken on your hunt. This can be used only one time per hunt and will drop the bag on the location you have requested it.|
Carnivores: Ice Age (Mobile)
- Main article: Carnivores: Ice Age (Mobile)
Carnivores Ice Age was ported to iOS on February 7, 2011. The port has the same relocate feature as the Carnivores 2 port Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter, but the Survive Mode is not featured. Also, like Dinosaur Hunter, the Double Ammo equipment was removed, but is still in the game as non-optional as every gun has as much ammo as the double ammo gave.
The mobile port features 5 new animals, a new weapon, a new Trophy Room, a new Night Mode without the use of Nightvision, a Camera, and improved graphics.
- As featured in the WizardWorks Outdoors Complete Software Collection, Carnivores Ice Age featured a slightly altered title design. The blood-styled lettering of "Carnivores", instead of red, is the same light blue color of the "Ice Age" displayed underneath. The title also featured a "3" designed like the "2" of Carnivores 2, although the "3" is a light blue color.
- Other than the new music, different animals, locations, and the new "Supply Drop" feature, this game is basically the same as Carnivores 2, featuring virtually identical graphics and similar AI.
- This is the first game in the Carnivores series to have a theme song on the main menu, instead of the ambient sounds of Carnivores and Carnivores 2's menus. The music is eerie and fits the mysterious Ice Age environment.
- There was intended to be an ambient NPC that could harm the player in the game, the Poacher, but it was scrapped for unknown reasons. The Poacher's model is still available, although his AI was removed.
- All of the animals in the game are capable of killing the Hunter.
- The Megaloceros is even listed as "Not Dangerous" even though it will still charge at the Hunter and kill him if it is wounded.
- If the player follows the steps up to the bridge in the Ravaren's Bridge map, animals will not be able to follow and the hunter can easily kill the animals. This is considered cheating by many fans. In the mobile port, the steps to get onto the bridge were removed, likely because of this.
- The Yeti is surprisingly shy, as it will run away from the player it it detects them unless it is very close to them.
- Some of the weapon descriptions for Ice Age are slightly different than Carnivores 2's. Examples include the Pistol and the Sniper Rifle.